I want to give my friend power of attorney of my car in order that he can drive it out of the impound. is there a document?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gilbert, AZ

there are no bkgrnd issues. I still haven't cleared my driver's license and I need to remove my vehicle from impound in two days. If there is another practical way please give details.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would think you could go with your friend to the impound yard and directly authorize the release. You do not need to drive it to have it removed. I do not see why you would need a POA, unless you cannot be there.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,718 answers this week

3,181 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,718 answers this week

3,181 attorneys answering