I want to give my friend power of attorney of my car in order that he can drive it out of the impound. is there a document?

Gilbert, AZ |

there are no bkgrnd issues. I still haven't cleared my driver's license and I need to remove my vehicle from impound in two days. If there is another practical way please give details.

I would think you could go with your friend to the impound yard and directly authorize the release. You do not need to drive it to have it removed. I do not see why you would need a POA, unless you cannot be there.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates