I want to get my back child support over turned what's the process

Asked over 1 year ago - Vero Beach, FL

i was living in virginia, and my kids moher was living in florida so i was unable to attend the ruling of my child support case. my kids mother lied saying that i had a income of 1500 bi weekly so i was ordered to pay 26,000 back pay and 400 a month. i am currently fighting a disabilty case, and have not been cleared by my doctor to work in 10 years

1. Heather Morcroft

2

Answered . You can't ignore summons. If you are not able to physically appear in court, you need to file something, try to appear by phone, etc. You can't just ignore it. Now at this point you are going to need to get an attorney and ask for a rehearing ( within ten days) or appeal (within thirty days) or file for modification.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now