I want to get emancipated how do i get emancipated?

my boyfriend is 18 and i'm 17, we have a three week old baby girl and we want to raise her together without my family drama. my stepdad drinks alot and i dont want it around my daughter he is always getting drunk and fighting with my mom. he does nothing but put me and my brother down. me and my boyfriend want to move to lakeland were we can live his cousins who are 19 and have two kids they said they would help us intil we get on our feet. do i have any chance at getting emancipated?

Sarasota, FL -

Melissa Moore Stockham

Melissa Moore Stockham

Family Law Attorney - Lake Mary, FL

Ms. Mora is correct that we are limited in what we can recommend because you are a minor. Is there a trusted adult with whom you can discuss this matter? Also, at this point, how many months are left until you turn 18?

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Family Law Attorney - Orlando, FL

How long until you turn 18? Will your parents agree to the emancipation? Do you and your boyfriend want to get married?

Many questions to be thought of and discussed before an answer can be made. Furthermore, we are unable to give legal advice to a minor, so you will likely only receive general information.

Related Advice