I want to get emancipated how do i get emancipated?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sarasota, FL

my boyfriend is 18 and i'm 17, we have a three week old baby girl and we want to raise her together without my family drama. my stepdad drinks alot and i dont want it around my daughter he is always getting drunk and fighting with my mom. he does nothing but put me and my brother down. me and my boyfriend want to move to lakeland were we can live his cousins who are 19 and have two kids they said they would help us intil we get on our feet. do i have any chance at getting emancipated?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Melissa Moore Stockham

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Ms. Mora is correct that we are limited in what we can recommend because you are a minor. Is there a trusted adult with whom you can discuss this matter? Also, at this point, how many months are left until you turn 18?

    Please note that the answers provided herein are the attorney's professional opinions based upon the attorney's... more
  2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . How long until you turn 18? Will your parents agree to the emancipation? Do you and your boyfriend want to get married?

    Many questions to be thought of and discussed before an answer can be made. Furthermore, we are unable to give legal advice to a minor, so you will likely only receive general information.

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,805 answers this week

2,856 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,805 answers this week

2,856 attorneys answering