I want to get emancipated how do i get emancipated?

Sarasota, FL |

my boyfriend is 18 and i'm 17, we have a three week old baby girl and we want to raise her together without my family drama. my stepdad drinks alot and i dont want it around my daughter he is always getting drunk and fighting with my mom. he does nothing but put me and my brother down. me and my boyfriend want to move to lakeland were we can live his cousins who are 19 and have two kids they said they would help us intil we get on our feet. do i have any chance at getting emancipated?

1. How long until you turn 18? Will your parents agree to the emancipation? Do you and your boyfriend want to get married?

Many questions to be thought of and discussed before an answer can be made. Furthermore, we are unable to give legal advice to a minor, so you will likely only receive general information.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

2. Ms. Mora is correct that we are limited in what we can recommend because you are a minor. Is there a trusted adult with whom you can discuss this matter? Also, at this point, how many months are left until you turn 18?

Please note that the answers provided herein are the attorney's professional opinions based upon the attorney's experience based upon the information provided to the attorney as part of the attorney's participation in the setting of this forum. No responses posted by the attorney in question are intended to be legal advice or professional advice of any kind. No attorney-client relationship is being established or solicited. The attorney will not make any communication with the person asking the question unless that person independently contacts the attorney outside of this forum.