I want to get a divorce, i have 2 minor kids one is with me here in the US other is in the Philippines. Is this possible?

Gardner, IL |
Filed under: B-1 business visa

I am under tourist visa but want to remarry with my US boyfriend

Yes. Perhaps complicated, but possible. Consult with an attorney.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Suggest you contact attorney.

Yes, but you'll need the help of a family law / divorce attorney to accomplish that.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes very possible but you will need a family law attorney and immigration attorney and make sure they are both on the same page.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

You asked this question earlier. The answer is the same. Yes, you can get divorced here or in the Philippines where your spouse is located.

Wes Cowell

Wes Cowell

Judy: What gives? Usually you're all about "residency" requirements for filing and I usually argue that "residency" is a term so flexible as to be meaningless. Here, however, I'd say that since she's traveling on a TOURIST VISA she wouldn't meet the residency requirement; yet you say she does. How's that?

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

I am not "all about" residency but it most certainly is a vital part of any divorce case.