Skip to main content

I want to follow thru with a case I won in district court. Is my next step wage garnishment? how do I find out where he works?

Puyallup, WA |
Filed under: Wage garnishment

What are my other options?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I would need more information before I could provide you with a proper answer. I assume that you have a filed and docketed judgment? If so, you are entitled to send out an information subpoena to learn about his assets. He is obligated to answer the subpoena and will be required to list his employer. If he fails to respond to the subpoena he can be held in contempt of court.

    If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 Additional Offices in Massapequa, NY, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

  2. Depending on the amount of the judgment, consider talking with a local collection attorney who may be willing to do the work for a percentage of any money collected. This may be worth it to you by helping you to avoid the time and stress of navigating a system you are not familiar with.

    Best of luck,
    Tim L. Eblen

  3. Nathan Suhkia in Gig Harbor has a really excellent practice and part of what he does is collect judgments. All the clients I have referred to him have been VERY happy with his work. Depending on the nature of the underlying judgment you received, it might be possible to tack on his fees to the amount that the judgment debtor owes you. Elizabeth Powell

    Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics