I want to find out if my ex wife is remarried since our divorce about 20 years ago, where can I find that information?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Alimony

I was married for 20 years and my wife and I divorced. I was paying $300.spusal support (we have no childeran), but dropped that payment to $200 a month after losinng m job of 21 years with National City Bank, my divorce papers indicate if I lost my job at National City or retired my spuusal support would drop to $200.00 per month. I have reason to believe My Ex-wife has been remarried but I do not know how to verify that for sure. I have not communicated with my ex-wife for 4 years and do not know if she is still alive or do not even know where she lives. I sent my spousal support payment every month to the spousal support center in Cleveland. I am 62 years old and have been out of work since 12-1-2008. Can you tell me whom I could call or talk to find out if My ex is remarried?

1. You will likely need to know where she is living and perhaps use an internet service to see if a marriage certificate was issued to her.

2. You can contact the spousal support center and they should be able to verify her existence,
    although they may not verify her marital history and they will probably not divulge her current address. Your best bet might be the internet.This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.