I want to find a lawyer who will write a letter of intent to sue a church in Newport News, Virginia to have tithe money returned

Asked over 2 years ago - Hampton, VA

The pastor refused to marry me and treated me very badly after I got married by another pastor at another church. The pastor would not marry me even after the presiding bishop gave approval and he refused to discuss his reasons with me or my family. I felt so rejected that I left that church. I want the church to return all the tithe money that I gave to the church during the time that I was a member.

fjbell@netzero.net

1. Answered . Unfortunately, you have no legal right to demand that this money is returned to you. Tithing is a voluntary gift, and a gift once made is unconditionally made absent special circumstances. Deciding that you no longer feel positively about the recipient is not one of them. While you may certainly request the money back, your church has no obligation to return the money, and almost certainly won't.