I want to fill N600 form, but I have a felony. Would that be a problem?

New York, NY |

I want to get citizenship trough my father by filling the N600 form. He's not alive and after 11 years of residency I want to get my citizenship through that. I have a felony 3 yrs after my residency. Would that prevent me from getting my citizenship

Are you currently a permanent resident? The felony could affect this status before you acquire the citizenship unless it was automatic. i suggest you have an immigration attorney assess your eligibility for citizenship and the effect of your felony on your immigration status if any.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Thank you for taking to reply.. Yes I have my permanent resident and I'm currently living in the states.. I automatically become a citizen so says the form.. How ever I want be sure of my offense and Dad passing away.

I answered this question for you already. Read my answer in your other post.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

It would be highly advisable to consult with an immigration attorney to get all the facts of your case to give tell you your options.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law