I want to fill N600 form, but I have a felony. Would that be a problem?

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I want to get citizenship trough my father by filling the N600 form. He's not alive and after 11 years of residency I want to get my citizenship through that. I have a felony 3 yrs after my residency. Would that prevent me from getting my citizenship

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I answered this question for you already. Read my answer in your other post.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Are you currently a permanent resident? The felony could affect this status before you acquire the citizenship unless it was automatic. i suggest you have an immigration attorney assess your eligibility for citizenship and the effect of your felony on your immigration status if any.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

    Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  3. Steven Tanijo


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It would be highly advisable to consult with an immigration attorney to get all the facts of your case to give tell you your options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,404 answers this week

2,906 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary