I want to fill N-600 to my child

Asked 12 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

Hello,
My wife and I got our citizenship soon , and want to apply N-600 for my child who is under 18 and he is a green card holder for 5 years . we came to US as refugees, my questions.
1- what i have to choose in SEC 3 - 6 form N-600 which is ( my father is a US citizenship by) ?
2- what documents i have to send with the N-600 ( 2 passport photos and what else )?
Thank you for your assistance

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Best Answer

Answered . You have to submit your Naturalization Cetificates, your marriage certificate, her birth certificate, her green card, etc.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Become a citizen first. Then, check your child is still under 18. Then read the instructions to N600 and follow them. On your facts, the child under 18 will become a citizen by operation of law on the day of your Naturalization. N600 is a technicality you will be doing to memorialize this fact the child and make the child's life easier in the future, not to make the child a citizen.

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . As you state; you are a citizen through Naturalization via refugee status.
    Me colleague has provided you with a list of doc's needed.
    You child is a citizen. The N-600 is a means for getting him a Naturalization Certificate. once he gets his certificate you need to get him a USA Passport.
    Congratulations

Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
    (904) 296-7702
    Office at 4110 Southpoint Boulevard (Across the street from the USCIS)