I want to fill N-600 to my child

Asked 12 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

My wife and I got our citizenship soon , and want to apply N-600 for my child who is under 18 and he is a green card holder for 5 years . we came to US as refugees, my questions.
1- what i have to choose in SEC 3 - 6 form N-600 which is ( my father is a US citizenship by) ?
2- what documents i have to send with the N-600 ( 2 passport photos and what else )?
Thank you for your assistance

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You have to submit your Naturalization Cetificates, your marriage certificate, her birth certificate, her green card, etc.

    Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Become a citizen first. Then, check your child is still under 18. Then read the instructions to N600 and follow them. On your facts, the child under 18 will become a citizen by operation of law on the day of your Naturalization. N600 is a technicality you will be doing to memorialize this fact the child and make the child's life easier in the future, not to make the child a citizen.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  3. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As you state; you are a citizen through Naturalization via refugee status.
    Me colleague has provided you with a list of doc's needed.
    You child is a citizen. The N-600 is a means for getting him a Naturalization Certificate. once he gets his certificate you need to get him a USA Passport.

    Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
    (904) 296-7702
    Office at 4110 Southpoint Boulevard (Across the street from the USCIS)

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,647 answers this week

2,269 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,647 answers this week

2,269 attorneys answering