I want to file under vawa but because of the domestic violence i do not have any copy of proof of abuser"s status.what do i do?

Asked over 2 years ago - Destin, FL

im a victim of domestic violence and my abuser has taken all documents and copies of everything i had for him. how do i go about filing my vawa case without these documents

1. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . Where did you get them? Go get more. Go to the clerk and fill out the paperwork, the sheriff will serve him, you don't have to give him the copies, the sheriff does.

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

Answered . Are you talking about court documents, ones that were filed with the court? Or are you talking about some sort of evidence you had against him that he took?

3. David Bradley Dohner

Answered . You are clearly confused. This legislation was designed to be incredibly easy to utilize and therefore benefit from if you are a victim of domestic abuse; the legislation contemplated, very insightfully incredibly enough, the likelihood that there may exist a lack of certain documentation which an individual who may wish to avail him or herself of this program's benefits would otherwise need and offers alternative means of supplying same - the "battered spouse waiver". Accordingly, I am at a loss at to what documents you believe that you need but to which you do not have access. The completion of the waiver should, as was intended, solve this problem.

I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

David B. Dohner, Esq.