I want to file a motion to quash an item on my credit report

Asked 12 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

the item was placed there by the card company even though its in dispute status. how can i get it removed until the dispute investigation is over? they have not been helpful thus far. even though i have an impeccable credit score as well as being a bank director.

please advise...

1. Eric D Ridley

Pro

3

Answered . Unfortunately, there is no motion, per se, which is available to you in this case. Card issuers are required by law to report that an item is disputed, until the dispute is resolved. If the item is being reported in error, and you do not receive a favorable response to your dispute, you may have an available action under one or more of the laws which control credit reporting and debt collection.

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

Answered . There is no motion to quash through the courts, as a tool for disputing items on your credit report. That being said, you can explore possible FCRA (Fair Credit Report Act) violations, if the item is being reported inappropriately. Use can contact the local bar association or use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool for referrals.