I want to file a motion to quash an item on my credit report

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

the item was placed there by the card company even though its in dispute status. how can i get it removed until the dispute investigation is over? they have not been helpful thus far. even though i have an impeccable credit score as well as being a bank director.

please advise...

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately, there is no motion, per se, which is available to you in this case. Card issuers are required by law to report that an item is disputed, until the dispute is resolved. If the item is being reported in error, and you do not receive a favorable response to your dispute, you may have an available action under one or more of the laws which control credit reporting and debt collection.

    Eric Ridley can be reached by phone: (805) 244-5291, by email: ridley.eric@gmail.com, or at http://www.... more
  2. Answered . There is no motion to quash through the courts, as a tool for disputing items on your credit report. That being said, you can explore possible FCRA (Fair Credit Report Act) violations, if the item is being reported inappropriately. Use can contact the local bar association or use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool for referrals.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client... more

Related Topics

Credit repair

Credit repair means to take actions that improve your credit history after it is negatively affected by an event such as bankruptcy.

Credit score

A credit score is a number calculated using a system to predict the likelihood that a person will pay his or her debts. This affects how much you can borrow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,580 answers this week

3,707 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,580 answers this week

3,707 attorneys answering