I want to file a motion to quash an item on my credit report

the item was placed there by the card company even though its in dispute status. how can i get it removed until the dispute investigation is over? they have not been helpful thus far. even though i have an impeccable credit score as well as being a bank director.

please advise...

1. Unfortunately, there is no motion, per se, which is available to you in this case. Card issuers are required by law to report that an item is disputed, until the dispute is resolved. If the item is being reported in error, and you do not receive a favorable response to your dispute, you may have an available action under one or more of the laws which control credit reporting and debt collection.

Eric Ridley can be reached by phone: (805) 244-5291, by email: ridley.eric@gmail.com, or at http://www.ridleylawoffices.com . Consultations are always free.The Law Offices of Eric Ridley emphasizes Consumer Law, Collection Defense, Bankruptcy & Litigation. Eric D. Ridley is licensed to practice law in California. This answer is intended to provide general information only. It does not create an Attorney-Client relationship, nor should it be construed as legal advice or an opinion on specific situations. I am a lawyer, but I am not *your* lawyer until we have a written agreement that says so.

2. There is no motion to quash through the courts, as a tool for disputing items on your credit report. That being said, you can explore possible FCRA (Fair Credit Report Act) violations, if the item is being reported inappropriately. Use can contact the local bar association or use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tool for referrals.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con