I want to file a lawsuit against Texas Workforce Commission for the violation of my Right to an adequate standard of living.

Austin, TX |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I have an open claim with Texas Workforce Commission since 10/2011, been receiving benefits everything going as it should until per doctor's orders I was limited to the amount of time I can be on my feet during a day. All documentation was sent to investigator after my benefits were put on hold, upon reviewing benefits were reinstated. Another investigation occurred and it was determined that I am eligible but for 7 weeks during the time period there was no medical documentation, therefore I would have to pay the 7 weeks back and then my benefits are to resume. I received the hearing packet and analyzed it over and over found a data entry error that should have been 1/10/2012 and was keyed 12/10/2012 a date in the future. i have been penalized for their error and suffered dearly.

1. Unfortunately you don't have any right to an adequate standard of living. However, you can probably get the error corrected. Contact the TWC and tell them about the error and ask what you'll need to do to have the dates corrected. Good luck!