I want to file a fiancé visa, Iam a US citizen however my fiancé currently lives in france and has a pending aslyum case pending

Asked 12 months ago - Old Bridge, NJ

what do i need to do if me and my fiance' want to get married and live in the US. Iam a US citizen but he is originally from Egypt but is living in France and has a pending religious aslyum case open awaiting a decision?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . You can sponsor him for a green card, and ask for it to processed at the US Embassy in Paris.

Please see

2. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . You can file a visa petition for him to immigrate to the U.S. and they should be able to process him through Paris.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

Answered . You can petition for him and process the visa in Paris (or any other country where he is living). You should consult with an immigration lawyer before filing. Whenever there are previous filings pending it creates more potential for conflicts and discrepancies, so you must be very careful.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . He has to make a choice: whether to continue pursuing his asylum application in France where, if granted, all he will get is a "carte de séjour" and live in France,versus coming to the US to be with his fiancée, marry her, obtain a green card and make his life in the US. A decision needs to be made. This is not really an immigration law question, but one of personal choices that you need to make yourselves.