I want to expunge a Probation before Judgement that happened 5 years ago in Maryland

Bethesda, MD |

The petition for expungement form 4-504.1. asks for case and tracking number. The District Court has both but the Circut Court only has a case number. The case was setteled in Circuit Court with a PBJ. Which case number should i use on form?

File in the Circuit Court and use the Circuit Court case number. You will be fine leaving the tracking number blank. If you have any questions, contact an attorney or contact the Clerk.

This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege since this is a public forum. The information provided does not create an attorney-client relationship. No communications with me on this forum shall be construed as arising out of an attorney-client relationship. If a client needs specific legal advice or opinions, he or she should retain counsel for advice or to undertake representation.

File in the Circuit Court with the Circuit Court case number. . The expungement of the Circuit Court case will result in the expungement of the District Court case which went to the Circuit Court.

You may wish to ask your original lawyer or another lawyer to prepare your expungement application, to help assure it is done correctly. Such preparation should not take much time.

Expungement is not available for DUI and DWI PBJ's. All the best. Jon

None of my comments on AVVO's website constitute legal advice. It is only food for thought for matters to address with a qualified laywer. My website's disclaimer page at http://katzjustice.com/disclaimer.htm applies to all my answers on AVVO.com .

The tracking number should be available in both the district and circuit court files. Remember that case search is not the official file. Additional information about expungement is available at mdcourts.gov.

An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.