I want to expunge a Probation before Judgement that happened 5 years ago in Maryland

Asked 10 months ago - Bethesda, MD

The petition for expungement form 4-504.1. asks for case and tracking number. The District Court has both but the Circut Court only has a case number. The case was setteled in Circuit Court with a PBJ. Which case number should i use on form?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Scott R. Scherr

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . File in the Circuit Court and use the Circuit Court case number. You will be fine leaving the tracking number blank. If you have any questions, contact an attorney or contact the Clerk.

    This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client... more
  2. Leon A Geller

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . File in the Circuit Court with the Circuit Court case number. . The expungement of the Circuit Court case will result in the expungement of the District Court case which went to the Circuit Court.

  3. Jonathan L Katz


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may wish to ask your original lawyer or another lawyer to prepare your expungement application, to help assure it is done correctly. Such preparation should not take much time.

    Expungement is not available for DUI and DWI PBJ's. All the best. Jon

    None of my comments on AVVO's website constitute legal advice. It is only food for thought for matters to address... more
  4. William Lawrence Welch III

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The tracking number should be available in both the district and circuit court files. Remember that case search is not the official file. Additional information about expungement is available at mdcourts.gov.

    An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

    Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,858 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,858 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering