I want to dissolve my sons rights to him.

Asked 10 months ago - Sandusky, OH

My son just turned 10 months and his dad has not paid any child support, does not contribute to any of his well being. He is the epitome of an absent father. I want to have his rights of my son taken away. His well being is not a concern of his and hanst been in his whole 10months. I also want to ensure that if something were to happen to me that my family get custody of my son and not the father. He is unstable and hasn't shown care for him at all his whole in any way! What are my options??

My title is not right! I want to dissolve my sons fathers rights taken away!

1. William Joseph Reynolds

Answered . At this point, you really have no option. At minimum, your child's father would have to be absent for a year. if you haven't done so already, I suggest that you contact the CSEA in your area and get a child support order set up. Otherwise, talk to have a family attorney see if you can do anything else once the attorney has all the facts. Think thoroughly about about this though because in the long run it's always better to have both parents involved in a child's life rather than just one.