Skip to main content

I want to dissolve my sons rights to him.

Sandusky, OH |

My son just turned 10 months and his dad has not paid any child support, does not contribute to any of his well being. He is the epitome of an absent father. I want to have his rights of my son taken away. His well being is not a concern of his and hanst been in his whole 10months. I also want to ensure that if something were to happen to me that my family get custody of my son and not the father. He is unstable and hasn't shown care for him at all his whole in any way! What are my options??

My title is not right! I want to dissolve my sons fathers rights taken away!

Attorney Answers 1


At this point, you really have no option. At minimum, your child's father would have to be absent for a year. if you haven't done so already, I suggest that you contact the CSEA in your area and get a child support order set up. Otherwise, talk to have a family attorney see if you can do anything else once the attorney has all the facts. Think thoroughly about about this though because in the long run it's always better to have both parents involved in a child's life rather than just one.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. If so, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer." The information provided here is general in nature and is not to be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended nor created. As an Ohio attorney not licensed in any other jurisdiction, any information provided here is solely based on Ohio law and general legal principles. The information provided here should not be put into practice without specifically consulting an attorney in your jurisdiction. Do not proceed without first discussing this matter with your own local attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 comment

William Joseph Reynolds

William Joseph Reynolds


Please forgive the errors in the wording of the above response. It was 3:30 in the morning and I was trying to use talk-to-text. :) In any case, the suggestion is the same. Go get a child support order if you haven't already and talk to a family law attorney in your county.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics