I want to create a entertainment company, what steps should I take? Would I pay a-lot of taxes if I had 2 companies?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I've done research but I don't want to leave out anything.

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

2

Answered . When you start a company, the first place to go is a business lawyer, so he can discuss with your corporate structure, and taxes.

2. Marco Caviglia

Pro

2

Answered . You should not decide upon the business form you should have without knowing what the tax implicaions are, as well other considerations such as decision making requirements, future expansion, and reporting requirements, and the ultimate dissolution of the buiness if it becomes necessary. For example, there will be tax implications choosing one type of corporation over another, not just how many companies you have. So, as any prudent person creating a business, you should spend the money necessary to consult with both an accountant regarding tax implications of various forms and a business attorney. Sometimes the latter will know the answers to the tax issues, but not necessarily all of them. Consider using professionals to assist you part of the research and paying for professional services is necessary in starting and operating a successful business.

3. Eldonie S Mason

Pro

1

Answered . The New York State Division of Corporations has very useful information on FAQ on business corporations that should help http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/bcfaq.asp#inc

In terms of the tax implications, it will depend on a lot of factors and you should consider consulting a lawyer before you move forward.

General info only, not legal advice
  4. Andrew B Gordon

Pro

2

Answered . You should hire an attorney to help you assess the most efficient and advantageous business structure not only for tax purposes, but also for running your business.

Andrew B. Gordon, Esq., CPA
    www.GordonLawLtd.com
    (847) 580-1279

5. Daniel Nathan Ballard

Answered . You need to read a few books on how to start a business in New York. Two are linked-to below. Then visit with an intellectual property attorney to help you. Good luck.