I want to charge and take customer's money upfront, and then go buy items in large volume.

Asked about 1 year ago - Huntington Beach, CA

After successfully achieving my goals with discounts and making my purchase, then I ship the products out. I have clearly stated this to all my customers that shipping could take 7 days or even 7 months etc! If they agree, they buy! If not then don't buy. If they've purchased and felt like waiting is too long, I will refund 100%. Is this against the law? Am I allow to take money upfront to build cash volume to acquire products and then ship it out to my customers? Everything I am doing is stated in the terms and agreement and the customer has agree to it before paying for the item.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . The holes in this business model are staggering and likely fatal. Talk to an attorney and an accountant.

2. Robert J Adams Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Yes you can. But you really should hire an attorney to be sure your contracts are air tight. Saving a few bucks by not hiring a lawyer could in the long run cost you much, much more.

3. Michael Charles Doland

Answered . I must agree with Ms. McCall about the business model. While potentially legal, I cannot imagine anyone accepting to wait for months with their money in your pocket until you are able to deliver.