I want to buy a car in Ohio, but I live in Pennsylvania, can I get a temporary tag to bring the vehicle back to register it?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

I am a PA licensed resident, the car is titled/registered/tagged in Ohio

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . In Ohio you can drive for up to thirty days with the plates from your old car placed on the new car. You should still contact PA to find out what they say. Good luck.

www.becklawofficellc.com

2. Arthur Joseph Obolsky

Answered . I would urge you to contact the Pennsylvania Dept. of motor vehicles with your question for specific advice on the logistics applciable to PA, but typically a car purchased out of state can be temporarily registered to you in that state (here Ohio) and then permanently registered in the state of residency (here PA) upon being brought into the state.