I want to buy a car in Ohio, but I live in Pennsylvania, can I get a temporary tag to bring the vehicle back to register it?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Used cars

I am a PA licensed resident, the car is titled/registered/tagged in Ohio

I would urge you to contact the Pennsylvania Dept. of motor vehicles with your question for specific advice on the logistics applciable to PA, but typically a car purchased out of state can be temporarily registered to you in that state (here Ohio) and then permanently registered in the state of residency (here PA) upon being brought into the state.

DISCLAIMER: This reponse is for informational purposes only and cannot be treated as legal advice. Legal advice depends on the specific facts of the particular matter at issue. Accordingly, you should not rely on or act on any information provided herein without consulting with legal counsel that is licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Office of Arthur J. Obolsky.

Telling me to contact PA still doesn't provide an answer

In Ohio you can drive for up to thirty days with the plates from your old car placed on the new car. You should still contact PA to find out what they say. Good luck.

www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

PS- I do NOT have a car with tags I'm transferring, not helpful info.

Lemon law topics