Skip to main content

I want to build a tree house . What is height restrictions and land use requirements for one and what permits will be needed.

Port Orchard, WA |

The property is 5 acres and rural,I want to use it for studio, guest house, and vacation rental. the tree house will be no bigger than 200 sq. ft.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You will need engineering showing how the structure will be safe by building code standards. You should start with a engineer who can draw the plans you have in mind and then have a pre-development meeting with the county planning department then your engineer can explain how safety concerns will be address such as fire, earthquake, wind , and ease of access. bear in mind you will have to convince the department officials the building will be acceptable as engineered.
    Good Luck

    Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

  2. Mr. Alexander is absolutely correct. I would first go to the local building office where permits are issued and have a casual conversation with the county inspector before spending any money.

    Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum. If you think my answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If you think my answer is the BEST ANSWER, I will gladly accept credit! Thanks for using AVVO, and may all your legal problems be small ones!!!

  3. I would first visit local building and safety counter. They should give you some initial guidance of standards to follow.

    No attorney / client relationship established. The answer is for discussion and general information only. The lawyer had not reviewed any documents or contract prior to the above comments.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics