I want to bring my wife from pakistan and i just got status change to f1

Asked almost 3 years ago - Irving, TX

I came to US on b2 visa and then applied for the extension of stay which i got the approval and now i applied for the F1 visa status which i am hopeful to get it but i want to know if i get my visa status change to F1 then can i invite my wife from Pakistan and can she get the f2 visa from there easily to join me or its difficult.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . She may apply for F at the US consulate and should take proof of your marriage and enrollment in a US school.

  2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The title of your question indicates that you got the F-1 change of status. In the body of your question, you state that you are hopeful to get the F-1 status. Which one is correct? You have to show proof that you are maintaining the terms of the F-1 and that you have the means to pay for your wife's stay on an F-2. Also, your wife must be able to prove that she does not have an immigrant intent and she has strong ties to Pakistan.

    Mary Carmen R. Madrid Crost can be reached at the: Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@... more
  3. Isaul Verdin

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes. She can apply for F2.

    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Once you have F-1 status, your posting is unclear on whether or not you have it now, she can apply for an F-2 visa.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  5. Kyndra L. Mulder

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, if you get the F1 she can get the F2 from Pakistan. "Easily," is a question based on your specific case.

Related Topics

F1 student visa

The F-1 is the most common visa for students and exchange visitors attending academic institutions in the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,136 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,136 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering