I want to bring my wife from pakistan and i just got status change to f1

Asked over 2 years ago - Irving, TX

I came to US on b2 visa and then applied for the extension of stay which i got the approval and now i applied for the F1 visa status which i am hopeful to get it but i want to know if i get my visa status change to F1 then can i invite my wife from Pakistan and can she get the f2 visa from there easily to join me or its difficult.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Best Answer

Answered . She may apply for F at the US consulate and should take proof of your marriage and enrollment in a US school.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

4

Answered . The title of your question indicates that you got the F-1 change of status. In the body of your question, you state that you are hopeful to get the F-1 status. Which one is correct? You have to show proof that you are maintaining the terms of the F-1 and that you have the means to pay for your wife's stay on an F-2. Also, your wife must be able to prove that she does not have an immigrant intent and she has strong ties to Pakistan.

3. Isaul Verdin

1

Answered . Yes. She can apply for F2.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Once you have F-1 status, your posting is unclear on whether or not you have it now, she can apply for an F-2 visa.

5. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Yes, if you get the F1 she can get the F2 from Pakistan. "Easily," is a question based on your specific case.