I want to bring my mother in law to the US to visit from mexico, how do go about doing that???

Asked almost 2 years ago - Laramie, WY

maybe a B2 visa or a medical visa, She has alot of medical problems and its hard for her to get the proper medical attention there like medicines, ect.....

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

8

Answered . If your mother-in-law is planning to visit you guys, it should be a visitor's visa; if she needs an urgent medical treatment and she cannot get it in Mexico, it's a different reason for visit. Decide what exactly she is coming for, and apply for it! Use an attorney to guide you and help with the process.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . Whichever you choose be prepared to document. A visitor visa will require strong evidence of ties to the home country that she doesn't intend to abandon, eg, home, job, family, retirement benefits, etc. you'll benefit from having a lawyer analyze the particulars to improve her chances.

3. Joseph Gerard Cella

Pro

Answered . I agree with attorney Shoutsova. Once you decide upon the purpose of her visit, proceed accordingly. Visas for medical purposes have vastly different requirements associated with them than tourist visas do. You would be well-advised to have a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Thank you for your question.

Joseph G. Cella, Esq.
    info@cellalaw.com
    973.473.6889