Skip to main content

I want to bring my mother in law to the US to visit from mexico, how do go about doing that???

Laramie, WY |

maybe a B2 visa or a medical visa, She has alot of medical problems and its hard for her to get the proper medical attention there like medicines, ect.....

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If your mother-in-law is planning to visit you guys, it should be a visitor's visa; if she needs an urgent medical treatment and she cannot get it in Mexico, it's a different reason for visit. Decide what exactly she is coming for, and apply for it! Use an attorney to guide you and help with the process.

    This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

  2. Whichever you choose be prepared to document. A visitor visa will require strong evidence of ties to the home country that she doesn't intend to abandon, eg, home, job, family, retirement benefits, etc. you'll benefit from having a lawyer analyze the particulars to improve her chances.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

  3. I agree with attorney Shoutsova. Once you decide upon the purpose of her visit, proceed accordingly. Visas for medical purposes have vastly different requirements associated with them than tourist visas do. You would be well-advised to have a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer.

    Thank you for your question.

    Joseph G. Cella, Esq.

    National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics