I want to bring my mother in law to the US to visit from mexico, how do go about doing that???

Laramie, WY |

maybe a B2 visa or a medical visa, She has alot of medical problems and its hard for her to get the proper medical attention there like medicines, ect.....

If your mother-in-law is planning to visit you guys, it should be a visitor's visa; if she needs an urgent medical treatment and she cannot get it in Mexico, it's a different reason for visit. Decide what exactly she is coming for, and apply for it! Use an attorney to guide you and help with the process.

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

ok and i also want to know about getting my husband his citizenship, what are his chances of haivng to go back to mexcio? we have been married for 5 years and have 3 kids together, we've talked to a couple of lawyers but have niot gotten to much info in the whole process...

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Is your husband a green card holder? Does he have a criminal record? How did he enter the country? You can call my office tomorrow after 6 pm to talk about it (I will be on trial all day).

yeah i can do that, he entered the US the first time legally with a visa to visit his dad whom died in Boulder CO, then he went back to mexico but came back illegally. He doesnt have a criminal record. about how much does a process like this usually cost??

excuse me i meant a permit to visit his dad when he was in the hospital

Whichever you choose be prepared to document. A visitor visa will require strong evidence of ties to the home country that she doesn't intend to abandon, eg, home, job, family, retirement benefits, etc. you'll benefit from having a lawyer analyze the particulars to improve her chances.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

I agree with attorney Shoutsova. Once you decide upon the purpose of her visit, proceed accordingly. Visas for medical purposes have vastly different requirements associated with them than tourist visas do. You would be well-advised to have a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Thank you for your question.

Joseph G. Cella, Esq.
info@cellalaw.com
973.473.6889

National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.

Joseph Gerard Cella

Joseph Gerard Cella

That's Shautsova.