I want to bring my mom to USA? What do i need to do?

Boston, MA |

i want to bring my mom to USA to live here

if you are a citizen then you can file a visa petition for her and go through the normal immigration process. but remember that most parents don't really want to be here unless they can be productive. so be sure she has something meaningful to do when she gets here. on the other hand if you want her to get out of a perilous situation then file sooner rather than later

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez, Elizabeth Cedillo or Yong Wood as highly skilled and experienced. In South Texas I recommend Jodi Goodwin from Harlengin or Leonel Perez of Edinburg. In San Antonio I recommend Bob or Nancy Shivers or drive to Austin to see me or my talented associate Jacqueline Watson.

That depends on your immigration status. You can petition her for a green card if you are a US citizen and at least 21 years of age. Otherwise your mother must apply for a visitor visa if she is not permited to enter the US under the visa waiver program. You may want to consult with an immigration attorney.

You will need to file an immigrant visa petition, which will follow up with processing requested by the National Visa Center. Although the initial process is less complicated, the later process can be confusing and demanding of you. A qualified immigration attorney will handle the complexities of this process by requesting the necessary documents from you and work with you towards getting them.

I have office locations in Watertown and downtown Boston. If you need further assistance or would like to discuss this in more detail, feel free to reach out.

Nareg Kandilian (Kandilian Law Offices)
www.kandilianlaw.com
(617) 393-3550

You will need to file a visa petition with all supporting documents and later you will need to complete consular processing before your mother could be call for an interview.