Skip to main content

I want to ask about political asylum ?

Lakeland, FL |

i want to apply for political asylum and i was in a contact with a lawyer through the email , I send him the whole paper he asked for and the application with my signalers , after that he told he will send the application to the immigration after i pay the money he asked for 1500 $ now how i know if he is a real lawyer , and he will apply the paper with the correct documents after he taking the money

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I have the feeling you'll have to forget about the money you sent to that..."lawyer".

If you are serious about your case, then schedule a private consultation with a competent and experienced immigration lawyer in your area, one who specializes in asylum law.

It is not by airing your problems in a general forum like Avvo and fishing for free answers that you are going to get anything done or resolve your case.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Attorney can be researched in their respective states. You should have thought about it before sending the money in. I think you need to research yours and if he is not an attorney, demand that he return the money. If he is an attorney, meet with him and ask to provide proof of filing. When filed, a complete I-589 generates a receipt notice from the Asylum Office at USCIS within a week or two.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


You can start here:


I agree with my colleagues.

You can always check with the bar association of the state your attorney is licensed in to verify that they are actually an attorney. Usually there is an online search for each state that you can access.


You can check to see if that person is a licensed Florida attorney here :

If you are still concerned, you can contact my office at 813-226-2144

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer