I want to apply to the dream act and currently receiving food stamps for my two children. will this affect me?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fresno, CA

Married to a U.s citizen, mother of 2.
Or would things be better if my husband applies for my residency.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . There is no dream act. If you are referring to DACA, it does not provide you with status or permanent residency.

2. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

Answered . Yes you can do both. DACA (closest thing we have to the dream act) only gives you 2 years of legal protection. A green card through your husband is permanent, however this process will cost more.
    --

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

1

Answered . The "Dream Act" is not law. You are probably referring to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). You should consider filing for DACA, and also having your husband file an I-130 for you. You might be eligible for the new provisional waiver, I-601A. I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney near you, to explore all of your options and to take steps to obtain the best immigration benefits you are able to receive. Good luck.