I want to apply for ssdi - can you have money in Roth IRA?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

I am 61-3/4 yo collecting short term disabiliy insurance which is about to run out. Trying to decide what direction to go in. Will the money in my Roth IRA make me ineligible for SSDI.

Money in your Roth IRA shouldn't affect your eligibility for SSDI.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

SSDI does not depend on how little you have in assets. An IRA will not affect your eligibility for SSDI. Good luck.

If you found this answer helpful, please consider clicking on the thumbs up symbol at the bottom.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on since each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. A lawyer experienced in the subject area and licensed to practice in the jurisdiction should be consulted for legal advice.