I want to apply for EB2 my qualification 4 year Bachelor from Pakistan and 7+ year of professional experience, current status F1

Norristown, PA |

I am here in USA for Master program, Doing my CPT it will be expired in Dec-2014, i can have one more year extension with two more courses. My company said they applied H1 for me in April-2013 and it has been rejected because of lottery.

At this stage i have one more chance to apply for H1 in april-2015 but the way number of applicant is getting increase every year like 2013 ( 125,000) 2014 (172,500) and who knows in 2015 it will be 200,000+.

I dont want to take that risk. I have 4 year Computer Science degree from Pakistan having 7+ year of professional experience. almost 1 and half year experience working in USA.

I want to apply for EB2, i dont know what are the possibilities. with in this time duration will i be able to get it,

What you need is to find an employer who will be willing to apply for an EB-2 level application for labor certification (PERM) and I-140 petition on your behalf. Unfortunately such employers do not grow on trees. You do, however, seem to qualify for EB-2 based on the combination of your academic credentials and progressive work experience.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I have an employer and they mentioned on contract that if employee wish we can start Green Card process from first day of his joining. I dont know , how trust worthy this statement is from employer. How long it will take to process EB2, any complication ?

I am really thankful to you for help...!

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Between 1 and 1 and a half years. The timing of your ability to ultimately adjust status to green card depends on your country of birth, as listed on DOS' monthly published "Visa Bulletin" - Google it. Don't forget to designate a "Best Answer" to your question.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Reasonable opinion

Thanks Giacomo...!

Even if you possess the requisite qualifications for the above visas the obvious and the most difficult hurdle would be securing a bona fide sponsoring legal entity to set that process in motion.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

Thanks Alexander

Find an employer whose vacant position requires an EB-2 employee and have them apply for you.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

I suppose that may work

It can work , the one more thing which i want to know, suppose my company apply for EB2 and before EB2 get approved or in process can i apply H1B in April-2015.