I want to apply for EB2 my qualification 4 year Bachelor from Pakistan and 7+ year of professional experience, current status F1

Asked 7 months ago - Norristown, PA

I am here in USA for Master program, Doing my CPT it will be expired in Dec-2014, i can have one more year extension with two more courses. My company said they applied H1 for me in April-2013 and it has been rejected because of lottery.

At this stage i have one more chance to apply for H1 in april-2015 but the way number of applicant is getting increase every year like 2013 ( 125,000) 2014 (172,500) and who knows in 2015 it will be 200,000+.

I dont want to take that risk. I have 4 year Computer Science degree from Pakistan having 7+ year of professional experience. almost 1 and half year experience working in USA.

I want to apply for EB2, i dont know what are the possibilities. with in this time duration will i be able to get it,

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . What you need is to find an employer who will be willing to apply for an EB-2 level application for labor certification (PERM) and I-140 petition on your behalf. Unfortunately such employers do not grow on trees. You do, however, seem to qualify for EB-2 based on the combination of your academic credentials and progressive work experience.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Even if you possess the requisite qualifications for the above visas the obvious and the most difficult hurdle would be securing a bona fide sponsoring legal entity to set that process in motion.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  3. Morrie Pour Nourian

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Find an employer whose vacant position requires an EB-2 employee and have them apply for you.

Related Topics

H1B speciality occupation visa

If you have special skills and the right experience, you might be eligible for a H-1B visa if there is a shortage of qualified workers.

Student visas

Student and exchange visitor visas allow people to come to the United States temporarily for a specific educational or cultural purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,832 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,832 answers this week

3,038 attorneys answering