Skip to main content

I want to add my fiance to my checking account but I have one issue that im worried about...child support arrears he has

Columbus, OH |

If i where to add him to my checking account would the state he owes money to freeze my account because it has his name on it?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Yes, they can seize the money in the account. I would not add him to the account until all the arrears are caught-up. Even if he is caught-up on child support, it is ill-advised that you add him until you are sure that he is going to stick around and not clear the bank account out and take off.