I want my Rehab Voucher before I settle my Workers Compensation case. I.C. has no idea my trust fund has upper 7 figures.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ventura, CA

thanks before hand ! I was injured on March 1 , 2001 and would like to get my rehab monies to attend college . How hard is this voucher to get as part of a C / R , my desire is to obtain my Master's Degree ( seven months of schooling left according to the contract I had with a C's b - school ) . Wharton will accept my all my credits and apply too , not interested . Will the insurance company attempt to cheese me out of those funds , and if they do , can I deny their offer ? how much is the old rate for " schooling " and is it wrong for me to want to get those fund to use to finish my M . B . A . Hurt In Ventura M . S . in Finance , BA Business

To those without money, it might appear I am petty to want the Rehab Voucher. I was taught to never leave anything on the table. Who is the best attorney to pay for a Olgive examination, money is not a issue paying for professionals and attorney fees to sue. My Dad was a hard man who said only cowards were afraid to sue to get what was due them. I have plenty of money to sue, trust fund has upper seven figures and it's a qualified dispersement.

1. George Ellis Corson IV

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You are unconditionally out of luck. For 2001 dates of injury, there WAS an entitlement to Vocational Rehabilitation services in the amount of $16,000. That entitlement COMPLETELY ended in 12/31/2008, five years after the WC Law changes of 1/1/2004. The Voucher entitlement began for injuries occurring in 2004, which was after your date of injury.

Feel free to settle your case for whatever you think it is worth, because Vocational Rehabilitation will not be a consideration.

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

2

1

Answered . My colleagues have provided you with sound advice. At this point, your best bet would be to consult with a local attorney to explore the possible value of your case, if any. Then, you will be able to determine if it is worth pursuing.

3. Michele Susan Lewane

2

1

Answered . Get a workers comp attorney in your area to evaluate your claim to give you an estimate of what your case is worth. If you want to proceed with settlement, hire the attorney to maximize the settlement.