I want my Rehab Voucher before I settle my Workers Compensation case. I.C. has no idea my trust fund has upper 7 figures.

Ventura, CA |

thanks before hand ! I was injured on March 1 , 2001 and would like to get my rehab monies to attend college . How hard is this voucher to get as part of a C / R , my desire is to obtain my Master's Degree ( seven months of schooling left according to the contract I had with a C's b - school ) . Wharton will accept my all my credits and apply too , not interested . Will the insurance company attempt to cheese me out of those funds , and if they do , can I deny their offer ? how much is the old rate for " schooling " and is it wrong for me to want to get those fund to use to finish my M . B . A . Hurt In Ventura M . S . in Finance , BA Business

To those without money, it might appear I am petty to want the Rehab Voucher. I was taught to never leave anything on the table. Who is the best attorney to pay for a Olgive examination, money is not a issue paying for professionals and attorney fees to sue. My Dad was a hard man who said only cowards were afraid to sue to get what was due them. I have plenty of money to sue, trust fund has upper seven figures and it's a qualified dispersement.

You are unconditionally out of luck. For 2001 dates of injury, there WAS an entitlement to Vocational Rehabilitation services in the amount of $16,000. That entitlement COMPLETELY ended in 12/31/2008, five years after the WC Law changes of 1/1/2004. The Voucher entitlement began for injuries occurring in 2004, which was after your date of injury.

Feel free to settle your case for whatever you think it is worth, because Vocational Rehabilitation will not be a consideration.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

If you were as savvy as you claim, you would have retained an Attorney to secure your rights in 2001. Then you would have been able to make the Vocational Rehabilitation claim in a timely fashion. Sometimes those WITH money do not spend it wisely.

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Your target audience is Legal Professionals, so bragging about the money that someone left you in Trust is fairly arrogant. : )

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Mr. Corson calls it like it is. You are sure out of luck on the voucher/job retaining issue. Can't disagree with him on the other comments either.

I was out of line mentioning my trust fund, my manners are poor at times. George the only law required for my degree was business and will&estate. Sorry for my poor post, after years of having my passion torn out of my heart, it's hard to relate to people. One of my alumni helped create the "inverse floating bonds" used to deflated Orange County's public funds. The bigger the bragging rights of education, the more hubris and closer to bankruptcy the bragger is. I apologize for my social incompetence and will keep my mouth shut about money, please forgive me. At my age the competition in this field is brutal, I can't work the eighty plus hours a week and do road shows four times a month. Look's like I should have kept up with workers compensation law, what got into the minds of the legislature of California to delete a training program for the injured workers? I was under the impression Jerry Brown was a man for the people, not in the pocket of Big Business. How does it benefit the State by removing a Rehab program for injured individuals with no education or means of improvement. I apologize for my first post and remain in awe of how stupid the represenitives of our great State of California are.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Your problems with vocational rehabiiltatio were caused by Gov. Arnold...not Gov. Brown. The law changed on that in 2004.

Get a workers comp attorney in your area to evaluate your claim to give you an estimate of what your case is worth. If you want to proceed with settlement, hire the attorney to maximize the settlement.

My colleagues have provided you with sound advice. At this point, your best bet would be to consult with a local attorney to explore the possible value of your case, if any. Then, you will be able to determine if it is worth pursuing.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con