I want my Rehab Voucher before I settle my Workers Compensation case. I.C. has no idea my trust fund has upper 7 figures.

Asked over 1 year ago - Ventura, CA

thanks before hand ! I was injured on March 1 , 2001 and would like to get my rehab monies to attend college . How hard is this voucher to get as part of a C / R , my desire is to obtain my Master's Degree ( seven months of schooling left according to the contract I had with a C's b - school ) . Wharton will accept my all my credits and apply too , not interested . Will the insurance company attempt to cheese me out of those funds , and if they do , can I deny their offer ? how much is the old rate for " schooling " and is it wrong for me to want to get those fund to use to finish my M . B . A . Hurt In Ventura M . S . in Finance , BA Business

Additional information

To those without money, it might appear I am petty to want the Rehab Voucher. I was taught to never leave anything on the table. Who is the best attorney to pay for a Olgive examination, money is not a issue paying for professionals and attorney fees to sue. My Dad was a hard man who said only cowards were afraid to sue to get what was due them. I have plenty of money to sue, trust fund has upper seven figures and it's a qualified dispersement.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You are unconditionally out of luck. For 2001 dates of injury, there WAS an entitlement to Vocational Rehabilitation services in the amount of $16,000. That entitlement COMPLETELY ended in 12/31/2008, five years after the WC Law changes of 1/1/2004. The Voucher entitlement began for injuries occurring in 2004, which was after your date of injury.

    Feel free to settle your case for whatever you think it is worth, because Vocational Rehabilitation will not be a consideration.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more
  2. Eric Jerome Gold


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . My colleagues have provided you with sound advice. At this point, your best bet would be to consult with a local attorney to explore the possible value of your case, if any. Then, you will be able to determine if it is worth pursuing.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client... more
  3. Michele Susan Lewane

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Get a workers comp attorney in your area to evaluate your claim to give you an estimate of what your case is worth. If you want to proceed with settlement, hire the attorney to maximize the settlement.

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Jon Mitchell Jackson

Automobile Accidents

Most people are not aware of the fact that motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States. Americans collectively drive almost three trillion miles... more

Work-related personal injuries

Employees can sue for damages if they’ve suffered work-related injuries. These lawsuits are separate from workers’ compensation and cover more kinds of injury.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,885 answers this week

3,191 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,885 answers this week

3,191 attorneys answering