Skip to main content

I want come clean for not sharing about a past DUI + lying about age on DL? I'm living my car Calif. God has convicted my heart

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

I changed my DL birth yr by rounding off the 5 on Birth C to a 6 making me 10 years younger back in the mid 90's. In late 90's I had a gender change male to female. I got a DUI in 2007 in midwest state without using my SS# + went to court + to jail for 3 days. I let my PNW DL expire for 2 yrs. I went to my birth state back east + applied for a DL. They gave me a new one as I told them my true age + used my SS# this time + signed a statement that I didn't have a DL in any state which was true. If my home state knew I had a DUI 3 yrs earlier I would be forced to take DUI classes to get a new DL. I have mislead them + state I got the DUI. I want to come clean / get my life straightened out. I am willing to lose my DL etc. Any attorney want to HELP me come clean? I'm in Ca w/ back East DL.

I also took care of my mother from 2006 until she died so I needed the DL from my home state. Mom was able to drive during 2008 to 2010 when I had no DL. She then became unable to drive and so I applied for a DL. She has since passed and so I do not need my DL now. I do not want to stand in front of God one day and him telling me I didn't fully repent / make remorse for my deceptions. I will do this one way or the other God willing.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    Don't write anything more, use a Public Defender

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

  2. I have to laugh because this is the first time I've ever had one change their iID to make them YOUNGer rather than legal drinking age....

    DMV lawyers who deal with fraud issues can help you with your case. AVgo doesn't let us premote ourselves or recommend as part as their Q and A section,

  3. Your post is unique, and unusual, no offense, maybe talk to a counselor ir shrink, obviously your under some stress

  4. You've got a lot going on in this post, talk to a local attorney and also maybe a local medical providers

  5. Your question is spiritual in nature. I admire your desire to repent and start afresh. Speak with your Pastor also as he may be able to assist you.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics