I want come clean for not sharing about a past DUI + lying about age on DL? I'm living my car Calif. God has convicted my heart

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

I changed my DL birth yr by rounding off the 5 on Birth C to a 6 making me 10 years younger back in the mid 90's. In late 90's I had a gender change male to female. I got a DUI in 2007 in midwest state without using my SS# + went to court + to jail for 3 days. I let my PNW DL expire for 2 yrs. I went to my birth state back east + applied for a DL. They gave me a new one as I told them my true age + used my SS# this time + signed a statement that I didn't have a DL in any state which was true. If my home state knew I had a DUI 3 yrs earlier I would be forced to take DUI classes to get a new DL. I have mislead them + state I got the DUI. I want to come clean / get my life straightened out. I am willing to lose my DL etc. Any attorney want to HELP me come clean? I'm in Ca w/ back East DL.

I also took care of my mother from 2006 until she died so I needed the DL from my home state. Mom was able to drive during 2008 to 2010 when I had no DL. She then became unable to drive and so I applied for a DL. She has since passed and so I do not need my DL now. I do not want to stand in front of God one day and him telling me I didn't fully repent / make remorse for my deceptions. I will do this one way or the other God willing.

Don't write anything more, use a Public Defender

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

so are you saying I should just contact a calif public attorney and turn myself in that way? Since I am here in Calif? Thanks I will do that asap

I guess I should go back east and turn myself in to my home state then, because they are the one's I deceived the most by applying for and getting a new DL. I do have the funds to be able to drive there. I'll do that as they know me better and calif surely doesn't want to deal with something that is not their issue and will only cost them more $. Thank you God for this answer amen bless you sir

I have to laugh because this is the first time I've ever had one change their iID to make them YOUNGer rather than legal drinking age....

DMV lawyers who deal with fraud issues can help you with your case. AVgo doesn't let us premote ourselves or recommend as part as their Q and A section,

Your post is unique, and unusual, no offense, maybe talk to a counselor ir shrink, obviously your under some stress

You've got a lot going on in this post, talk to a local attorney and also maybe a local medical providers

Yes I am listed as bipolar but I don't think that I am given any freedom to sin because of that. I do talk to psyche Doctors every so often and am listed as mentally disabled but again I am still convicted in my heart to do Gods will. Should I just give away my car like I gave away my old house proceeds and just walk and not drive anymore? I think I feel that I am to give up everything. I had a house but the Holy Spirit told me to sell it and give away the proceeds after mom passed into Jesus arms, which I did and then left back east. Maybe I would hear more clearly from God if I didn't have this distraction of this guilt. Thanks for caring. I will do something soon amen

I pray someone will please help me relieve me of this situation I am in.. please dear God help me

Your question is spiritual in nature. I admire your desire to repent and start afresh. Speak with your Pastor also as he may be able to assist you.

DUI topics