I want an annulment due to Fraud and I need to know if I qualify.

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I fell for a man from Europe on FB. Months later, I went to visit him. At the airport, he came to pick me up with one of his friends and my bag was stolen along with my passport, credit cards, money, etc... Months later still, he came to U.S. and we discussed having a baby so we did the honorable thing and got married first. He went back to Europe shortly after and I was to join him the once I got a job. I just found out the name on his passport is not his real name; that him and his friend are the ones who orchestrated the theft of my bag; found out he has a girlfriend in Europe that he lives with; he stole more than $2Ok from me; and he wanted me to send him marriage certificate so his unemployment benefits would increase. I have a master's degree but feel like the stupidest woman.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should redirect this question to a divorce attorney. I'm sure it will be suggested that you seek an attorney in this field as soon as possible.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Keller, this is not an immigration question.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Adam Michael Solow


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should contact a family attorney, and perhaps the police.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,830 answers this week

2,997 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,830 answers this week

2,997 attorneys answering