I want a seperation, ppl say don't leave the house or you will luz all. Spouse has said I will shoot you or set you on fire. ??

Rhinebeck, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

Do I leave or stay, will i luz everything to spouse..

1. If your safety and life are in danger LEAVE. You will not get less of the home or assets because you left. If you have kids take them with you. Call the police if you need help.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

2. You should consult a local attorney and discuss your situation in detail.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

3. You need to consult with a local attorney ASAP. If you are threatened, call the police. If you feel unsafe, leave.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. www.PatchogueAttorney.com You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.

4. You should consult an attorney as you could get a sty away order of protection and get him out of the house if the facts are as you relate.

5. Call the police because of the threats and get an order of protection. If you are forced to leave because of these threats, that is not voluntarily leaving the house. Take your children and your pets. But in any event, you wil need the police to intervene and make the report.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.