I want a divorce but i dont know where my husband is? what do i do i live in md

Asked almost 4 years ago - Hagerstown, MD

i want a divorce but i dont know where my husband is,he served me with protective order papers so i cant have any contact with him i just want it to be over either by divorce or an annulment.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stuart H Grozbean


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . If you have been served a protective order, then if the address is not on the paper, you will see him in Court on the date of the hearing. You can then have someone, not yourself, serve him in Court with the papers. If you have a lawyer he will know what needs to be done to effectuate service.

  2. Steven Alan Fink

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . His protective order papers should have an address for him. You can file for divorce and serve him at the listed address.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,638 answers this week

2,977 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,638 answers this week

2,977 attorneys answering