I want a divorce and i have no money

Asked over 5 years ago - Fort Worth, TX

If me and my husband have been separated for 10 year and have no kids togethere and i dont know where he is what can i do? I just want a divorce. i have no job at this time.

Additional information

I married September 2000 and separated from my spouse January 2001. I have not seen or heard from my spouse since January 2001. I do not know where he lives and his family states they haven't heard from him in years. What do I need to do to get a divorce? We have no children or shared property.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Raymond Ellis Daniel

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to go to Legal Aid of Northwest Texas at 600 Weatherford Street in Fort Worth. You need to leave no stone unturned in trying to locate your husband, because you will have to serve him by publication. Also, an attorney ad litem will be appointed to try to locate him.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,239 answers this week

3,202 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,239 answers this week

3,202 attorneys answering