I want a divorce

Asked over 2 years ago - Estherville, IA

my wife has a ofp on me and is living the house i brought into our one year marrige it is soley in my name once i file do i have to continue paying for her to live there or will she have to find somewhere she can afford

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

18

Answered . I am sorry you are going through this. Given that there is an order for protection against you, I really suggest you find a local attorney so that you are protected legally, financially and criminally just in case something happens. I hope things get better and I wish you all the best take care.

2. Meghan S Bishop

1

1

Answered . Property division is complicated and requires an experienced attorney in your state to properly advise you. Property division depends on what type of state you are in - community property or equitable or something else. In addition I'd depended on what contributions she has made tot he house as well as other factors such as her ability to work, the overall financial health of the family, if there is any equity in the home, etc. this is why it is essential to speak to an experienced family law attorney.