I wanna go back to my home country at the end of my 6 months stay, I'm on B2 visa. Will I be able to come back two weeks later?

Asked about 1 year ago - Columbia, SC

I married US citizen during my stay, but didn't apply for a green card. Is the short amount of time between two entry going to be a problem? Or does marrying a US citizen makes my B2 visa invalid? Thanks!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Doesn't make it invalid, but speak to a local Columbia immigration lawyer before you do anything

  2. Aneliya M. Angelova


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . The marriage does not invalidate your B2 but if questioned at the point of entry regarding the frequent trips, you will have to tell the truth. If the officer suspects that you have the intent to remain permanently, I wouldn't be surprised if he/she sends you back home.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  3. Carlos Andres Lopez

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . It does not make your B2 invalid; however, you may not be allowed to return on your tourist visa. I would highly recommend seeing an immigration attorney to get a greencard NOW.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,936 answers this week

3,308 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,936 answers this week

3,308 attorneys answering