I volunteered at an "Above the Influence" Seminar at my school. Does that count as community service?

Asked over 1 year ago - Centennial, CO

I volunteered at my high school. Could this count as community service, considering it was volunteering?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Leroi -- useful public service is usually pre-approved by a probation officer. If your PO says this was okay, then you're good to go. If not, the hours do not count.

DD

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

2

Answered . It definitely is not considered "useful public service" as it is not on the UPS list approved by Probation and the courts. Before "volunteering" for any work, I would check with the Court, the DA, or probation to make use that they will give you credit for it.

3. Vincent J Felletter Jr.

1

Answered . I also agree that it must be preapproved and on the list of authorized agencies for which you can serve useful public service. Since you have already done the hours, you can ask if they will give you credit, no harm in trying! But you will likely be told you will not receive credit.