I visited a restaurant/bowling alley Saturday. I was with a group of people one of them was being rowdy and the manager asked us

Dumfries, VA |

Have already called corporate office and they will not assist in the matter

Sorry the rest got cut out. The manager asked us to leave. I informed him we had a bill at the bar. He said just leave. The next day there was a charge on my card for the entire groups charges. They took my card info from the bowling part of the establishment and ran a charge at the bar and signed it without my permission. I called their corporate office and they said they wouldn't refund the charge. I called my bank and they said I can put in a dispute claim. Is there anything I can do besides that?

Was anyone injured? It looks like your question did not completely post.

Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.

I do not see a viable claim as I do not see any damages. You can aways just not go back there and find a new place to bowl. I am sorry for your unfortunate evening.

I am not sure what the question is? If you were injured I would contact a local personal injury attorney and consult with them in person. You can find a qualified attorney on AVVO.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

this is unfortunate. however, i cant say that they did anything illegal, especially in that someone in your crowd was rowdy and they related you guys to that person

What is your question?

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Definitely follow the rules for disputing the charges with your bank credit card. If they need things in writing, put it in writng. Sounds to me like the place waived their rights to make charges, since you all offered to go to the bar and pay the tab, but they refused you. If you personally owed x dollars, they could possibly get paid for that, but you shouldnt be responsible for the entire tab.
If the credit card co doesnt remove the charge, you could try to sue the restaurant bowling alley in small claims court. I cant predict what a judge will rule. You can talk to a local consumer law atty re credit card dispute and whther the bar violated any laws in charging your card when not authorized.