I visited a nearby restaurant and was threatened and treated harshly by the waiter. I have suffered emotional distress. Advice?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

I was told by the waiter after I asked for sour cream that they didn't have any. I ordered a breakfast quesadilla. I asked another waiter whether they had sour cream and he said they sure did and brought me some. After I notified the first waiter that they did have sour cream, he replied in a disrespectful tone "so what!" He yelled and embarrassed me and laughed at me in front of the other customers. He told me to get lost and he also threatened me that if I sued him, that he would get his father to do something to me.

1. Michael Charles Doland

4

Answered . Being upset about (very, very) rude behavior is not the same as intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress. It is modern life. Notify the owner, post on Yelp, and call it a day.

2. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

3

1

Answered . Don't go back. Not every insult is entitled to redress.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

1

1

Answered . There is no remote possibility of successfully prosecuting a case based on the facts in your post.