I violated probation by a DUI on a felony charge, what will happen?

Waterbury, CT |

I have felony charges in Florida and somehow with great lawyers and god on my side, I got off with a few years probation. I was able to transfer my probation to CT, but unfortunately violated my probation with a DUI charge. This was my first and only probation, and quite unfortunate Violation. I'm a full time student, young and have a part time job, and and a fiancé. I just want some legal advice and the reality of this situation.

Contact a lawyer in your state.

I don't know if you heard but lawyers are expensive.my case is extremely unique and already has me well over in debt.

You obviously need a lawyer to represent you on the DWI charge. Hire an experienced one right away. Your lawyer can then talk to your probation officer to see if a warrant for violation of probation will be filed. If you are a first time dwi offender you would be eligible for a diversionary program which, if successfully completed, would result in the dismissal of the DWI charges. In these case some probation officers won't violate the probationer. But get an attorney right away!

There was a warrant already put out. The day It showed up on my Parole officers computer, we had already met earlier that morning. The flag on me didn't come in until after , and it was because of the DWI charge but, somehow got sent to Florida without us even beung able to talk about alcohol safety courses. So the warrant came from Florida because of my violation of my underlying case. But now I'll be sitting in jail soon and I have lawyers for the state my original case started in Florida, and a lawyer in the state I got my DWi. But Florida says the want me. I'm expecting an extradition hearing and possibly bond"? But do I still have options of alcohol courses and community service? Seeing as how this is my first probation violaation

The biggest key to avoiding more serious penalties on the probation violation is to do whatever you can to fight or reduce the new DUI charges. Retain an experienced DUI attorney in CT to handle that for you, and hopefully your probation officers will be more lenient.

DUI topics