I violated my probation and i have a lawyer do i need to tell my po officer

Greensboro, NC |

Probation charge was a drug felony violation charge was a misdemeanor drug charge

You need to discuss with your attorney ASAP. He/she will advise on the contact with your PO. I don't practice in NC, but in my state, KY, there is a standard condition of probation that you notify your PO within 48-72 hours of any new arrest or contact with the police. Some of my clients comply, some don't. But I have seen an additional violation count for failure to report the new charge. Talk with your attorney for advice ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Talk to your attorney. ASAP. ASAP.

NOTE: This information is offered for general purposes only and does not constitute legal advice about a specific legal problem. Neither the person asking the question nor any other readers should rely on the information as legal advice about their problem(s). This information is not attorney-client privileged and receipt of it does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You are going to be asked by your Probation Officer whether or not you have any new charges at your next appointment. DO NOT lie and state that you have not. You must be honest. Tell your attorney that you would really like to hurry up and fight the new miss drug charge if possible. Talk to your attorney first thing in the morning! Good luck!

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at to find out more.