I violated my probation and i have a lawyer do i need to tell my po officer

Asked over 1 year ago - Greensboro, NC

Probation charge was a drug felony violation charge was a misdemeanor drug charge

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Holly R Gieszl

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk to your attorney. ASAP. ASAP.

    NOTE: This information is offered for general purposes only and does not constitute legal advice about a specific... more
  2. Dustin R. T. Sullivan

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are going to be asked by your Probation Officer whether or not you have any new charges at your next appointment. DO NOT lie and state that you have not. You must be honest. Tell your attorney that you would really like to hurry up and fight the new miss drug charge if possible. Talk to your attorney first thing in the morning! Good luck!

    Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at www.sullivansnowlaw.com to find out more.
  3. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to discuss with your attorney ASAP. He/she will advise on the contact with your PO. I don't practice in NC, but in my state, KY, there is a standard condition of probation that you notify your PO within 48-72 hours of any new arrest or contact with the police. Some of my clients comply, some don't. But I have seen an additional violation count for failure to report the new charge. Talk with your attorney for advice ASAP.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,406 answers this week

3,262 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,406 answers this week

3,262 attorneys answering