I violated my F1 status by working without authorization, my asylum case is pending right now, can I marry a USC?

Dallas, TX |

I violated my F1 status by working without authorization but continued going to school thinking that as long as I go full time school my F1 status is fine. I filed for asylum, it got denied by the asylum officer, and he said that since i worked without authorization my case will be transferred to immigration judge. My boyfriend in the meantime proposed to me and wants to marry me. Will I get my green card if i marry him? what will happen to my asylum if i marry him? What happens if I marry him but my asylum is rejected and I file through my husband? please help me

The answer to your question will not change by re-posting it. The answers to your question require an attorney to analyze your facts and the law. That cannot happen here. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleague. Getting a green card through a spouse is the best way. Getting a green card through asylum is hard. You should consult an immigration attorney who can analyze your facts and recommend a solution.

Tania Pham, Esq., 818-334-4313 Encino, CA 91301; Practice Immigration Law Nationwide. Tania Pham's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific answers to your case you may call for a free consultation.

I agree with both of my colleagues. You need to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case to see what your best options are. Good luck.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at jlorenzon@lorenzonlaw.com. All initial constulations are free.

everyone has posted solid advice for you to consider. Marriage is a way to get your status in the US, but based upon your previous immigration filings it will not be a walk in the park on a sunny day in june. The burden will be, as in all cases, upon you and future spouse to prove bona fides of the relationship and that it was not entered into only to circumvent immigration violations.