I've signed a subpoenaed to testify at my boyfriend's parole hearing and I don't want to.

My subpoena is a personal attendance of witness, Parole did not ask me to show up but I went personally to my husbands parole officer office to do it. Now hes parole hearing is getting closer and I don't want to show up will it affect me or him?

Houston, TX -

Jay Bodzin

Jay Bodzin

Family Law Attorney - Milwaukie, OR

If you fail to appear in response to a subpoena, you could be arrested.

Please read the following notice:

John Douglas Lloyd

John Douglas Lloyd

Criminal Defense Attorney - Birmingham, AL

It's not a good idea to ignore a subpoena. You may want to talk to an attorney in your area to see if you can get the subpoena quashed.

As for the other person you're concerned about, it depends on what you were going to say. If he doesn't have the benefit of your positive testimony, that could hurt his parole chances. On the other hand, if you were going to say "don't release him," obviously his chances of getting out are better without that negative testimony.

William Emil Cassara

William Emil Cassara

Military Law Attorney - Augusta, GA

While I am not a TX lawyer, I have done several parole hearings. If you believe your testimony is going to hurt his chances of parole, you should speak to a local attorney about quashing the subpoena.