I've requested my Aunts accounting reords from the public administrators office that handled the estate & its been....

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

....its been nearly 3 months of waiting(& we live in different state from where her probate was handled) ...I still haven't recieved them! How do I get my Aunts banking records & accounting records from them? & YES I've called repeatedly with either being put on hold forever or told they'd call me back & they NEVER EVER call bacl~ What to do? Help...

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daphne Lori Macklin

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You did not indicate what state where the Probate matter was handled. While it may be expensive, you may want to hire a probate attorney in that community in order to get your case handled in a responsible and timely manner. Good luck with this.

    This is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney with a background in probate law in the state where... more
  2. Eric Jerome Gold


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I'm not sure from your statement whether the probate is being handled in San Francisco or if you live in San Francisco. You should be able to obtain a copy of the probate court's file on the matter (for a fee). Then, you should review the information in the file, and then consult with a probate attorney in the appropriate county where the probate petition was filed. The local attorney may have more luck getting a response from the public administrator.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client... more
  3. Daniel Mcgraw Little

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I assume that you are a beneficiary. It should be part of the Court file if there was a Probate. You may want to consider getting the information directly from the Court. The bank records should have been lodged with the Court.

    No legal representation exists by virtue of this answer. It is recommended that you contact an attorney directly... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,041 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,041 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering