I’ve lost my court paper so I forgot my case number. Is there any way to check my criminal status

Fullerton, CA |

This case has been happened 6years ago and I’ve lost my court paper so I forgot my case number. Is there any way to check my criminal status to see if my case has been ended? I did pay my fines and all that, but never checked it back. Is there a way to look up? If people didn't pay fines, court give s them a phone call or mail them to notice?

By the way, the case was a misdemeanor.

If your case was based out of Orange County, some of us criminal defense attorneys who practice in Orange County have access to the court's internal system. Give me a call and I can provide that information for you.

All answers posted are general in nature based on the facts presented. My answers and opinions are not offered as legal advice and you should not take it as such. Do not discuss specific facts about your case on a public forum like this one. If you’d like a free confidential consultation, I can be reached 24 hours a day at: 714-881-7145 or by email at maguilar@aguilarsonnonstine.com

Yes, it was based in Orange County. Do I need to actually hire an attorney to check the status? or can they just look it up for the clients..? I only want to know if the case is in active or not.

and I've already checked through the superior court online site to see if my case is on the list, but my name wasn't on the list nor my case didn't appear on the list. I'm totally lost...don't know what to do.

Moises Aguilar

Moises Aguilar

I can run a quick search for you, no cost.

Thank you so much. What time are you available ? Do I need to make an appointment by calling your law office?

Moises Aguilar

Moises Aguilar

You can call tomorrow between 10 am and 4 pm.

Although I can not reply specifically to California law, I can tell you that you can find out the information you want at the clerks office from the court you were appearing in. Most likely California has a website that you can find out the public records pertaining to your case. You should google the California court system to find out if their website is accessible by the public. Either way, you should call or go to the clerk's office and get your information. You can also contact the attorney that represented you in that case or hire an attorney to get your paperwork for you. Good Luck.

If you go to the sheriff station and ask, you might be arrested.

Hire a Criminal Attorney to check for you and see what needs to be done to clear it up.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

If this was an Orange County case, go to www.occourts.org and search there. If it was in another county, their records may also be online (and sometimes for a fee) or you can go to the courthouse and ask the clerks office to do a search.

Or - a local attorney can also search the court records for you if they are a subscriber on the court's website. I am. If you want to give me a call, perhaps I can look it up.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.