I've heard that in an auto accident civil case that they can't bring up tickets or criminal charges but what code section is it?

I've been trying to find the specific code that states some prohibition of bringing up any criminal charges. I am the defendant. I like reading up on this stuff and knowing what's going on. Thinking of getting a new lawyer as I am not happy with the present one. I don't like being in the dark. Thanks.

The Police Report and any Citations are protected under privilege and not admissible at Trial in FL. Also criminal charges are also irrelevant unless they go toward your truthfulness and veracity (credit card fraud, tax evasion, passing a forged instrument). Even those sometimes aren't admissible if they occurred long ago with no offenses since.

Also they can ask you if you've been convicted of a felony but if you answer yes truthfully they can't go any further. If you answer no and have been convicted than they can get into more specificity.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

These answers can be found in various portions of the Evidence code and vehicle code 20013. However, the analysis is more complicated than a single code provision depending on the underlying facts and posture of the case. You should probably discuss your concerns with your attorney.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Cool, I found that one, I guess I thought there would be more.

these issues will need to be addressed in motions in limine. They could be relevant if related to the accident upon which the lawsuit was based.

You sound unhappy with your lawyer, and you fire your lawyer by simply sending a termination letter, and finding a new lawyer on Avvo.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com