I’ve heard 245i law was passed by Congress. What must I do to qualify for §245(i)? which states are still eligible for this sec

Asked over 1 year ago - Milwaukee, WI

currently can i apply under this law for change of status or file for work permit with parole

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . with all due respect, 245(i) dates back to 2000. maybe you want to consult with someone in person so that an experienced attorney can determine what you may qualify for.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Francisco Javier Alvillar

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. There are also a few other aspects of 245i that you should be aware of such as a physical presence requirement depending upon the date of the petition you use for 245i protection and that derivatives of petitions filed may qualify for 245i protection. Because of these aspects and many others, you should take any petition that was filed for you directly, for your parents, or for your wife if you were married to an experienced immigration lawyer so he or she can tell you if you qualify. It is important to determine whether you qualify before you avail yourself to immigration. Good luck.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . 1) have been in the US on December 20, 2000, AND,
    2) have been petitioned on or before April 30, 2001.