I've had 4 spine surgeries, severe permanent spinal cord injuries/paralysis suffered from a neglignent HOA and Condo Mgt. Co...

I've had over 15 spine surgeries/procedures, severe permanent spinal cord injuries/paralysis suffered from a neglignent HOA and Condo Mgt. Co... I am finding out that this HOA law in Los Angeles Coutny and CA is etremely complex. I have over 600 photos, and 400 emails and other supporting documents from Contractors, etc. clearly proving the HOA negligence, breach of contracts/CCR's etc. What kind of Attny would you recommend: a Personal Inury,, Real Estate Attorny, Construction Defect Attny, or other? Basically the HOA President and Mgt Co. forced the installation of an unnecessary sliding door for illicit gain on a private balcony using an incompetent, unlicensed contractor that leaked into my home in which I then slipped and fell on my head. All time statutes intact.

I am very sorry to hear about your accident. You should consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. It sounds like your fall took place a while ago, so the sooner a lawyer can evaluate your case, the more effective he or she can be. I've included some links below you may find helpful. There are many qualified personal injury attorneys here on Avvo. Most of us provide free consultations, and operate on a contingency fee, so you have nothing to lose. Good luck!

Bergener & Associates | 1-800-881-2021 | info@bergenerlaw.com | http://www.bergenerlaw.com | The information provided must not be considered legal advice. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only. Bergener & Associates, PLC is a personal injury practice serving accident victims and their families in the State of California only. No individuals should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any answers to questions without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice from an attorney licensed in their state. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship between any attorney at Bergener & Associates and any recipient.

Consult with a local personal injury attorney immediately.

Thanks. You suggest this even though the complexity and technicalities of the CC&R's and Condo Laws?

Consult with a personal injury attorney who can get you compensation for your medical bills, loss of earnings, and pain and suffering.

SP@BeverlyHillsLawCorp.com
323 - 703- 3581

Any of the attorneys you mention would be a good start. They could associate with specialists, as needed.

Reduce your story to writing. Your future lawyer can read far faster and retaim more than if you speak.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Call one of the above lawyers in your state to investigate

If you want to recover for your injuries, you will need to hire a personal injury lawyer. Look over the lawyers who have responded, or look for others on the Avvo site. Since you have suffered a great deal and continue to suffer, you should act promptly. I hope you are getting good medical care and are on the road to a recovery.

Call a personal injury attorney. there is a 2 year limitation, when did this happen?

If you are involved in a personal injury or accident matter in Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside or San Bernardino, California. Always seek the advice of local counsel, other states may have different laws, use the tab above for your state.

1) ALWAYS CONSULT A MEDICAL SPECIALIST WITHIN DAYS TO RULE OUT OR TREAT INJURIES. AFTER AN ACCIDENT THE HUMAN BODY SWELLS AND THE DAMAGE MAY NOT BE FELT FOR DAYS;

2) MEDICAL SPECIALISTS MAY TAKE LIENS, MEANING THEY WILL GET PAID WHEN YOUR CLAIM IS SETTLED;

3) IF THE INSURANCE COMPANY SEES A LONG (OVER A WEEK) DELAY FOR TREATMENT OFTEN THEY WILL PRESUME YOU ARE NOT INJURED;

4) DO NOT TALK TO THE ADJUSTER, FOR THE OTHER PARTY IT IS HIS JOB TO TAKE A STATEMENT INDICATING NO INJURY;

5) TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR CAR AND OTHERS INVOVLVED IN THE ACCIDENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND THE ACCIDENT SCENE AT THE SAME TIME OF DAY HOPEFULLY ON THE SAME DAY;

6) GET THE INFORMATION ON THE OTHER DRIVERS;

7) IF POSSIBLE MAKE SURE THE POLICE COME OUT AND MAKE A REPORT;

8) CONSULT OR HIRE AN ATTORNEY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO GATHER AND PRESERVE AS MUCH EVIDENCE AS POSSIBLE

9) People in situations similar to yours usually want to know two things, what is a fair settlement, and how long will this take? All the previous answers instruct you to hire an attorney so that you will maybe hire them. What is best for you? Should you hire an attorney or do it yourself? You don't want to have any regrets or feel like you were cheated. Most insurance companies are ruthless. Don't take it personal, it is just business to them. The less they pay you the more they keep for their shareholders. Don't let them fool you. Don't leave anything on the table. There are a lot categories to consider for your loss. For example, you should receive compensation for Loss of Earning, Earnings Capacity, or damage to ability to earn money in the future. Reasonable and necessary medical, hospital, and other expenses, past and future. Essential Services, the reasonable and necessary value of the essential services in and around home that had to be provided. Mileage, right to mileage for attending each medical appointment for care, treatment, evaluations, consultations, physical therapy, medical management, and obtaining prescriptions and other medications and medical devices.

You also should receive NON-ECONOMIC damages which are:
1. Physical and Mental Pain and Suffering, as supported by medical records.
2. Inconvenience.
3. Emotional Stress/Distress.
4. Impairment of the Quality of Life/Loss of Enjoyment of Life.
5. Temporary Physical Impairment.
6. Permanent Physical Impairment.
7. Chronic Pain.

If you feel that you can adequately address all these categories, and convince the insurance company, then you could do it yourself. If you don't want to do all of that a competent PI attorney knows how to organize the information and submit it to the insurance company. This time next year, or in five years, ten years, you don't want to look back and wish you had done things differently with or without an attorney. Best of luck!

If you like my post, please mark it as “best” or “helpful”.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.

Sorry to hear about your injury. You need to consult a local personal injury lawyer ASAP. The attorney will consult whatever experts are necessary to evaluate your case and liability.