I've been recently informed that FL Dept of revenue has garnished my wages for over 30k for ch.support-my daughter is 26 now.

Las Vegas, NV |

my ex-gf informed me in 2001 that she was getting married and he was adopting my child.
I was refused any visitation throughout the years.
My support payments were returned to me in 2001
I havent heard from Child support services in over 10 years.
I recently began a new job and was informed that my payroll was being garnished for 120 a week and cannot find any open court orders or cases in florida or here.
I signed up to fl. epayments and it says I owe over $31,000
I am in dyer need of a fam. lawyer and I need to know what I can do to contest this debt.

Request a copy of the garnishment paperwork for your employer, you are entitled to receive the information. The paperwork will tell you the information regarding the open Court case. Once you get the information, you should seek an attorney in the originating jurisdiction.

2. Submit this as a Florida question: it has to be done in Florida, and under Florida law.

3. This should be addressed to FL attorneys. Also, gather all documents evidencing the adoption of the child. If the child was adopted, it means that your parental rights were terminated. You obligation for child support ends when your parental rights are terminated.

Child support topics