I've been on workers Comp since November the doctored finally requested an approval for surgery they denies it wanting an im

Asked about 2 years ago - Stockbridge, GA

The doctor that requested surgery is a workers Comp doxtor

1. Michael Henry Friedman

2

Answered . I'm not exactly sure what your question is, but if you are asking whether the insurance company can send you for an ime before authorizing the surgery, the answer is yes. If that is not the question you asked, feel free to send me an e-mail at mhf312@gmail.com

2. Brett Ladd

Pro

2

Answered . They haven't denied it- they want a second opinion, an "IME". Do you have an attorney? I'm sure he would tell you to cooperate. If you do, you should have this exchange with him or her.

If you don't have an attorney, get one! Feel free to give our office of any of the fine attorneys here on Avvo a call.

Good luck!

3. Timothy Minthorn Klob

Pro

2

Answered . There are multiple questions on this forum today from Stockbridge, GA, and at least one of these questions appears to come from a consumer who currently has an attorney. While each of these questions may be from different consumers, out of an abundance of caution I am proceeding under the assumption that all consumers from Stockbridge with posts today have legal counsel, and if this is the case in your situation, my recommendation would be that you discuss this with your current attorney. If you do not have legal counsel at this point, however, you should obtain an experienced Georgia workers' compensation attorney immediately and before you continue to lose important rights with respect to your claim. Subject to the cautionary notes above, if you are currently without legal counsel and would like to discuss your claim further offline, please contact me at 770-554-8100 and I can discuss your options with you at no charge.

4. Michael Richard Moebes

Pro

1

Answered . Get your own IME, file a hearing request, and hopefully, the judge will grant you your surgery (assuming the IME doctor agrees with your treating doctor).

5. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

Answered . Let them get their second opinion. If they deny the surgery after that, you could file a hearing request to have the Judge determine if the surgery is necessary and order them to pay for it. However, you really need an attorney to help you with this and walk you through the process. Especially if disputes are arising as to treatment. Anything you say to the doctors is being taken down to be used against you potentially, so you need guidance.

6. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

1

Answered . The Carrier generally has the right to have you evaluated for a second opinion.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.
  7. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Looks like you are going to need a good workers' comp lawyer sooner rather than later. Good luck.